ADSM-L

Re: Move adsm server from aix to solaris

2015-10-04 17:39:22
Subject: Re: Move adsm server from aix to solaris
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Roger Hohmann wrote:

> Hi ADSM'ers,
>
> I'm in the situation to move an adsm server from aix platform to
> solaris (include all data and tapes). The server is level 3.1.2.20 and
> has stgpools on 3494. Anyone done this before?
>
> I think about backing up the db on aix and restore it in solaris (via
> disk/ftp) and disconnect/connect the tapes afterwards.
>
> Any hints and tips? Or is this definitively not working?

Hi,

it definitely works. We have done it today and everything seems to be
fine. IBM had told us that it should work, but they won't garantee that
it works. We had to buy a new Solaris base server and were allowed to
use the other modules we had bought for AIX on Solaris. The only problem
that ocurred was that Sony SDT-9000 DDS-3 drives which worked
fine with AIX won't work with Solaris 2.6 on PCI machines unless you do a
firmware upgrade of the drives.

Regards,

Michael

---
Dr. Michael Bruewer       e-mail: bruewer AT uni-hohenheim DOT de
Dr. Michael Bruewer       e-mail: bruewer AT uni-hohenheim DOT de
Rechenzentrum             Fon: +49 711 3838
Universitaet Hohenheim    Fax:   +49 711 3449
70593 Stuttgart           Germany