ADSM-L

Re: ACTLOG, turning off entries

1999-09-21 02:19:08
Subject: Re: ACTLOG, turning off entries
From: Andreas Buser <andreas.buser AT BASLER DOT CH>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:19:08 +0200
DISBALE EVENTSACTLOG MSG-Number  is  the little magic to disables events.

Kind Regards
Andreas Buser

Tel: ++41 61 285 73 21  Fax: ++41 61 285 70 98

Email: Andreas.Buser AT Basler DOT ch

Address:
Basler Versicherungsgesellschaft
Andreas Buser
Abt. Informatik
Aeschengraben 21
4002 Basel
Switzerland

                    Richard Taft
                    <Rich.Taft@RICO        An:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    H-USA.COM>             Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:          Thema:  ACTLOG, turning off entries
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI
                    ST.EDU>

                    20.09.99 20:02
                    Bitte antworten
                    an "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

I finally upgraded to ADSM Ver 3.1.2.40 on an AIX Ver 4.1.5.  I had a lot
of
UNIX scripts running that would use the q actlog command to get the status
of
processes and backups on the server   I would use "q actlog begint=some
_time_in_past s="String*I*wanted*to*find"  on version 2 this worked very
well.
but on version 3 for every command I enter the text of the command is
recorded
in the actlog with a message ANR2017I.  I have tried to issue a "disable
event
console ANR2017" but the messages still appear in the actlog.  this is
casing
the script to see a false "true" because the search string is finding the
ANR2017I entry in the activity log. How do I disable this entry in the
Actlog?

On another note.  I see the on-line manuals that used to be available from
IBM
are no longer there and you are now directed to the tivoli site which has
no
manuals or knowledge bases available.  I was wondering since very limited
manuals are provided with the product, were I might find the information I
need.

Rich Taft
Ricoh Corp