ADSM-L

FW: ADSM, Netware, and remote servers

1999-09-20 14:27:04
Subject: FW: ADSM, Netware, and remote servers
From: DeAndrea Bean <dbean AT BCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:27:04 -0700
Joel -

We came upon a similar situation with our older bindery Netware servers.
These servers could not handle the TCP/IP and ADSM NLM so I built an NT
'Gateway' server.  This server, of course, has TCP/IP and drives mapped to
the Netware servers and is backed up by our normal NT schedule.  The only
problem we encountered was that the ADSM Schedule ran as a service in NT
would not backup the mapped drives.  We did open a PMR w/ IBM and was never
given a workable solution.  So, we now just run the DOS ADSM Schedule window
in the foreground and the mapped drives backup just fine.  This is at least
workable until we either upgrade these servers or convert them to NT.

DeAndrea Bean
Bear Creek Corporation
Medford, OR
dbean AT bco DOT com