ADSM-L

ADSM on MVS Network Throughput

1999-09-20 13:41:17
Subject: ADSM on MVS Network Throughput
From: Kyle Payne <payne AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:41:17 -0500
ADSM'ers,
        Has anyone been able to achieve higher than 3 GB/hr throughput using
ADSM
on MVS.  We have OS/390.  We backup about 120 nodes to this ADSM server.
Now at times we have many nodes backing up so it makes sense that the
bandwidth is limited on a per node basis but during these times we get about
500 MB/hr.  When the node is the only one backing up we get 1.5 GB to 3 GB
and hour.  We are in the process of trouble shooting this but I just thought
I would see if anyone else had good or bad performance using ADSM on MVS.

Thanks,
        Kyle