ADSM-L

Re: Problem with ADSM V2 on OS/390 2.5

1999-09-20 09:27:27
Subject: Re: Problem with ADSM V2 on OS/390 2.5
From: Chris De Bondt <Chris.De.Bondt AT DVVLAP DOT BE>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:27:27 +0200
Hi,

we encountered similar problems migrating to OS/390 2.5 and later to
OS/390 2.7. This is indeed very poorly documented (if indeed at all
...).

The thing to do is to start-up the server adress space (only the first
time) with a parameter '/UPGRADEDB', the exec-card being something like:
//SERVER  EXEC PGM=DSMSERV,PARM='/UPGRADEDB',DYNAMNBR=300,TIME=1440,
//       REGION=128M

There are some messages indicating that the upgrade is happening, it
doens't take too long (to ADSM standards ...).
We never had a problem with this, but it might be a good idea to back-up
the database first.

Good luck,
Chris