ADSM-L

how to create /dev/mtX entries on AIX?

1999-09-20 07:16:20
Subject: how to create /dev/mtX entries on AIX?
From: Anthony Fiore <Anthony_Fiore AT SUMITOMOBANK DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 07:16:20 -0400
Anthony Fiore@AMCOSUMITOMO
09/20/99 07:16 AM

Good day all, just wondering how AIX or ADSM creates the /dev/mtXX devices from
the /dev/rmtXX devices. Is that an ADSM task? or an AIX task. The reason I ask
is I just added two new tape drives to my STK9730 robot and the other two drives
that were there before have /dev/mt1 and /dev/mt2 entries . Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks!

-Anthony

THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH
IT IS ADDRESSED,  AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS CONFIDENTIAL..
By the transmission of this message, we do not intend to waive any legal
privilege, protection or exemption from disclosure that may otherwise apply.  If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, disclosure or copying of this message is
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please delete it from
your PC and notify us by telephone at 212-224-4879.