ADSM-L

Segmentation fault for retrieve

1999-09-17 03:57:13
Subject: Segmentation fault for retrieve
From: Wolfgang Herkenrath <w.herkenrath AT MAIL.LVR DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 08:57:13 +0100
Hi ADSM'ers,

Client AIX 4.3.2
ADSM-Server V3 R1 L2.1 on MVS/OS R5
ADSM Client V2 R1 L0.7

I've got al little problem to retrieve a file.
The other problem is, that I don't know UNIX much. But I try to explain, what
my UNIX-Administrator had told me.
On the Unix-Client run's a script that do the following:
1. it makes a mksysb-file, which include important informations from the
root-directory
2.then the mksysb-file is archived to adsm

The archive run corectly.
One special: The mksysb-file and the archive don't run on the client itselves.
It is goes via a Remote-Client. This Remote-Client is an AIX 4.2.?.
When I try to retrieve the archived file on the Client (the AIX 4.3.2) the
retrieve begin to run but after a while I've got the following: Segmentation
fault (coredump).
The coredump looks like this:
LABEL:          CORE_DUMP
IDENTIFIER:     C60BB505

Date/Time:       Wed Sep 15 13:09:49
Sequence Number: 208
Machine Id:      00167730C000
Node Id:         p20036
Class:           S
Type:            PERM
Resource Name:   SYSPROC

Description
SOFTWARE PROGRAM ABNORMALLY TERMINATED

Probable Causes
SOFTWARE PROGRAM

User Causes
USER GENERATED SIGNAL

        Recommended Actions
        CORRECT THEN RETRY

Failure Causes
SOFTWARE PROGRAM

        Recommended Actions
        RERUN THE APPLICATION PROGRAM
        IF PROBLEM PERSISTS THEN DO THE FOLLOWING
        CONTACT APPROPRIATE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE

Detail Data
SIGNAL NUMBER
          11
USER'S PROCESS ID:
       15090
FILE SYSTEM SERIAL NUMBER
          14
INODE NUMBER
           2
PROGRAM NAME
dsmc
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
??
??
??
??
??
??
??
??
??
Unable to generate symptom string.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------When
I archive the file via command on the AIX4.3.2 Client and retrieve When I
archive the file via command on the AIX4.3.2 Client and retrieve it, I've got
no problem. At the AIX4.3.2 Client there is an V3 R1 L0.6 Adsm-Client installed.
A test with a AIX4.3.2 Client and Adsm V2 R1 L0.7 get the same result.
Has anyone a idea, what the coredump mean's?
Whith the old AIX4.2 Client we got no problem's.

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Wolfgang Herkenrath
LVR-InfoKom
Ottoplatz 2