ADSM-L

Long folder names truncated on Novell data

1999-09-17 15:51:25
Subject: Long folder names truncated on Novell data
From: Bob G Blankenship <RGBLANK AT PPCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:51:25 -0500
We are running ADSM v2.1 server on AIX 4.2.1, and backing up NetWare 4.11 and
NetWare 5.0 using adsm client version 2 and 3 on the 4.11 servers and adsm
version 3 on the 5.0 servers.  Earlier this year we upgraded some of the version
2 clients to version 3 and lately we noticed that if we restore a file with a
long folder name that was originally backed up with the version 2 client and we
restore with the version 3 client, the long folder name gets truncated to 8
characters and any spaces in the folder name get removed.  This only happens on
the NetWare 5.0 servers.

Have any of you noticed this?  Any work-arounds or fixes?

Bob Blankenship
phone:   806-275-3294
rgblank AT ppco DOT com
fax:         806-275-3444