ADSM-L

Re: Destroyed tape

1999-09-16 13:00:54
Subject: Re: Destroyed tape
From: bbullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:00:54 -0600
        WOAH, don't do a "delete vol ... discardd=yes" on the primary tape,
it will delete all the references to the copypool backup. What you want to
do is mark the tape as 'destroyed' (update vol ... access=destroyed). In the
future, if there is a restore request for that data, ADSM will request the
off-site copy to complete the restore.

Ben