ADSM-L

Re: AS400 backup solution..

1999-09-14 13:09:39
Subject: Re: AS400 backup solution..
From: Leonid Sirotinsky <lsirotinsky AT IAA.GOV DOT IL>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 19:09:39 +0200
Hi Marc.

BRMS a separately licensed product .

From "A Practical Guide to Implementing ADSM on AS/400" IBM's redbook :
A typical AS/400 will already be running BRMS to automate the backup and
restore of that AS/400's system and user data. With the addition of the BRMS
Application Client software, BRMS can be used to save user data to an ADSM
server across the network. System data must still be saved to a local tape
device
using BRMS or OS/400 commands.

If you will have questions about BRMS, ADSM on AS/400 or
other AS/400 Systems Administrating issues - contact me.
I always is interested in exchange general knowledge.

Best regards,
Leonid Sirotinsky
Leonid Sirotinsky