ADSM-L

Re: Labels in shared 3494

1999-09-14 11:26:06
Subject: Re: Labels in shared 3494
From: James SPORER <james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 09:26:06 -0600
     I use exit CBRUXENT, there is a sample exit in SYS1.SAMPLIB.  The exit
     gets control for each tape inserted in the ATL.  My mainframe tapes
     have serial numbers that start with A and my AIX tapes have serial
     numbers that start with B.  For tapes with a serial number starting
     with A the exit sets the return code to 0 (insert the cartridge into
     the tape library), for tapes that start with B the exit sets a return
     code of 12 (LEAVE THE CARTRIDGE IN THE INSERT CATEGORY X'FF').  The
     tapes in X'FF' status then need to be labeled and checked in to ADSM
     on the AIX system.  As was mentioned in another reply, you need to use
     different scratch and private codes for the tapes.
     Jim Sporer