ADSM-L

Solaris / Adaptec compatibility

1999-09-13 17:41:53
Subject: Solaris / Adaptec compatibility
From: "Richmond, Jeff" <richmond AT SHARPLABS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:41:53 -0700
All,

I have an IBM 3575 library running the latest Solaris ADSM server code. I am
running the server on an Ultra-1, because at the time of purchase (Dec. of
last year), IBM did not support PCI-based SCSI cards, only Sbus. I have a
nice Enterprise 250 server that is collecting dust basically, which really
stinks. It has an Adaptec 2944 OF Differential SCSI card (PCI, obviously).
Does anyone know if IBM now supports, or will ever support, PCI SCSI cards
for Sun systems??

It was rumored that the Sun brand differential card was going to be
supported, but I really don't want to have to shell out another $750 for yet
another SCSI card...

Thanks all,

Jeff Richmond - MCP, CCSA
Jeff Richmond - MCP, CCSA