ADSM-L

Re: Scheduled Archive

1999-09-10 15:24:17
Subject: Re: Scheduled Archive
From: Rick Marshall <Richard.Marshall AT BMO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 15:24:17 -0400
Nathan,
       From my experience with archiving I have discovered that you must
specify the directoies and subdirectoies all the way down to the
subdirectory that contains the files you want to archive. The * only works
properly at the file level ie. to archive files in the C:\DIR1\DIR2\DIR3
subdirectory you must code
       dsmc archive C:\DIR1\DIR2\DIR3\*   because    dsmc archive C:\DIR1\*
-su=yes  won't do it!
     It looks like IBM didn't design the archive function to be used for
     It looks like IBM didn't design the archive function to be used for
archiving subdirectories and files en masse.