ADSM-L

COMMS WAIT

1999-09-10 09:08:38
Subject: COMMS WAIT
From: "Bates, Richard" <Richard.Bates AT VERTEX.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:08:38 +0100
ADSM server 3.1.2.20 (AIX 4.3.1)
ADSM client 3.1.0.6 (AIX 4.2)

We have noticed that the COMMS WAIT figure in the accounting log for one of
our clients backing up over ATM has gone through the roof.  Virtually the
whole session duration is taken up by COMMS WAIT.

Any ideas what this means exactly.   Is there a problem at the client end or
the server end?  I have checked our ATM network and all seems OK.

On a separate issue I have noticed in the server activity log, that the
compression ratio for some of our client boxes (which I do not have access
to) is negative.  I assume this means that the files are growing during
compression?

Richard.
the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com