ADSM-L

Any experience with Tivoli software distribution for ADSM back-up clients?

1999-09-09 12:03:28
Subject: Any experience with Tivoli software distribution for ADSM back-up clients?
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 11:03:28 -0500
I am new to the world of ADSM, and have the task of updating 25 servers within a
250 mile radius by the end of the month (nothing like OJT ;-).  I was wondering
if anyone on the list has had any experience with updating ADSM NT clients
(specifically, NT file servers and Lotus Notes servers from Version 2, Release 1
Level 0.6 to Version 3, Release 5, Level 0.6) with Tivoli's software
distribution module. I am also looking into the self-extracting, self-starting
file, DSMV3W32.EXE  option available with the Version 3.X client.  Any thoughts,
mishaps, successes and the like that you would be willing to share with me would
be greatly appreciated.  Please reply to me off-list and I will summarize to the
list.

Lisa Cabanas
Missouri Department of Transportation
cabanl AT mail.modot.state.mo DOT us