ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:39:21
I removed the computer from the domain and the problems still occur.

!!! Login of administrator/domain hangs at nt-login
!!! Login of administrator/local hangs at the setup of Microsoft =
Internet
Explorer
     (German Channel Setup)

So I cannot login at the restored winnt.
I can login at the new winntres.

I repeated the complete procedure beginning with a format of the =
partition
and installed winntres without login to domains (as before).

It is only a test, but I want to finish this test successfully.

Any ideas ?

Andreas.
---
Michael Bartl wrote:
Michael Bartl wrote:

> It's not only the SID change that can cause this problem. Abount once =
week
> every NT server changes its password for the domain authentication.
Usually
> the domain "remembers" the last password (don't know how long).
> So when you restore the registry, there's a gap between backup time =
and
> system crash (or restore time). When a refresh of the domain password
> happens during this time interval, the server is probably not =
recognized
in
> the domain any more.
> In this case just delete and redefine the server to the domain =
(server
> manager). When the server now is recognized by the domain - fine! =
When
not,
> you have to login as a local administrator and select the properties =
of
> network neighborhood; put the server into a workgroup and back into =
the
> domain; now it should work.
>
> Good Luck,
> best regards,
> Michael
>
> -----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Prather, Wanda [mailto:PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU]
> Gesendet am: Donnerstag, 2. September 1999 17:44
> An: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Betreff: Re: NT Bare Metal Restore, cannot login
>
> I do not know for sure what the problem is, but we ran into something
> similar, so maybe this will help:
> (at least I hope it won't make things worse!)
>
> 1) Did you reboot after copying the registry files?
>
> 2) I assume this is a Microsoft WinNT domain, not Novell.
>
> We do restores just as you described.
> When we install the new NT at c:\winntrest, we do NOT join the NT =
domain.
> Instead we log in as the LOCAL Windows administrator. We do all the
restores
> and reboot, without logging into the NT domain.
> (It's not necessary, since ADSM is using TCP/IP and is unaware of NT
> security.)
>
> The reason is that if you join the domain (by logging in to NT) a new =
SID
is
> generated the registry, and I think updates something on the NT =
domain
> controller, and you have this type of problem.
>
> If you wait until after you finish restoring the registry, the SIDs =
match
> when you log in after reboot, and you won't have this problem.
>
> If this is your problem, the way around it is to have the WinNT =
domain
> administrator remove you from the domain, then add you back again.

Explorer.