ADSM-L

Re: ADSM-Support

1999-09-07 11:08:35
Subject: Re: ADSM-Support
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 10:08:35 -0500
Martin,

I actually tried setting this up just last week. No it is not supported and
no it doesn't work.
The drives are recognized by ADSM but as soon as you do a label libv or any
other tape operation it fails.

I believe that Compaq and IBm are working together to get the TL895 w/ FC-AL
adapter supported under ADSM, but I don't know how long this will be.

FYI the TL895 works fine with ADSM in it's basic SCSI configuration,
althought you might have some trouble with the Proliant connectivity kit
that comes with it for SCSI attachment. Make sure that the Compaq SCSI
drivers are up to date, otherwise you might have some throughput issues.

Contact me directly if you need more info.

Nathan