ADSM-L

Another copypool question.

1999-09-03 09:15:35
Subject: Another copypool question.
From: Dana Mitchell <dnmitchell AT EQUITABLE-OF-IOWA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 08:15:35 -0500
Hello,

I have another question relating to exactly how copypools operate.  I am in the
process of implementing STK 9840's for ADSM's use under OS/390.

I currently have five disk-tape pool pairs getting backed up to five copypools.
 Two of these pools are quite large (and good 9840 candidates).  My problem is
that all five copypools are using the same device class and thus I am unable to
point the large pools to the 9840's while leaving the small pools going to 3490
equivalents.

I would like to define new copy pools and a new device class to go to the
9840's.  What will happen when I backup tapepool1 to (new) copypool1B?  WIll
just any new files in tapepool1 that havn't been backed up to *any* copypool be
backed up to new copypool1B?  Or since *no* files in tapepool1 had been
previously backed up copypool1B will they all try to get backed up?  I would
like to have new backups go to the 9840's and allow existing tapes expire due
to the size of these pools.

All comments are appreciated.
Dana Mitchell
Equitable of Iowa