ADSM-L

Re: Library 3494

1999-09-01 23:37:30
Subject: Re: Library 3494
From: Paul Fielding <paul.fielding AT HOME DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 21:37:30 -0600
There's a command you can type from a command prompt that will drop you into
the Library Manager's configuration tool.  I can't remember it for the life
of me, but your IBM CSR should be able to tell you.  There's a spot in there
for setting up routing information that will survive a reboot.

You don't want to back up the Library Manager and IBM doesn't want you too,
either.  As far as IBM is concerned, the 3494 library including OS/2 box is
a self contained unit, and is to be treated as such, rather that to treat it
like a computer.  If it fails, you should be calling IBM, rather than try to
repair the damage yourself.

Besides, if your Library Manager dies, what library are you going to restore
it from?
:)

Later,

Paul