ADSM-L

Re: Server crashed - BUF043.

1999-09-01 17:39:07
Subject: Re: Server crashed - BUF043.
From: David Bohm <bohm AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 15:39:07 -0600
vmtune is in the bos.adt.samples fileset.  As far as what is an optimal
number you might need to get some assistance from the ADSM
performance team.  For the specific case I was working on the
default value for that installation was 80.  By lowering this value to
50 it resolved the problem of not being able to keep up with flushing
the dirty pages.  The recommendation itself came from the
performance group.

In addition, if you do change the value it only lasts until the next
reboot.  You will have to put it in inittab to make the change
with each reboot.

David Bohm
ADSM server development
(520) 799-5082 T/L 321-5082