ADSM-L

Re: differences between storagepools and copypools.

1999-09-01 11:07:42
Subject: Re: differences between storagepools and copypools.
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 11:07:42 -0400
I can't think of a way to find out what is in a copypool but not in a
primarypool
since this can't happen by definition.  If it did, you would have a seriously
corrupted server.

To get gross counts, do 'q occ stg=<primarypool_name>' for all your primary
pools and sum the results.  Then do the same for your copy pool, I assume you
have just one.  The sum of number of files in the primary pools should be very
close
and larger than the number of files in the copypool.

Would you like to see the numbers exactly equal?  If you can
find an hour or so when no files are entering or leaving the server, that is no
client
sessions and no expiration process, do 'backup stg' commands for all your
primary pools, then do the 'q occ' commands.  The numbers should be equal.
That's a nice warm & fuzzy feeling.  But if they still aren't equal, you
may have a serious database problem.

Why are you asking?  Are you looking for the warm&fuzzy or do you suspect
trouble?

--