ADSM-L

Library 3494

1999-09-01 03:51:07
Subject: Library 3494
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 09:51:07 +0200
Dears,

I have a couple of questions related to the Library Manager OS/2 of the
library IBM3494.

1) when IBM installed the library along with the AIX server, they
   couldn't make it work when the connection was through a Cisco Router,
   somewhat the LAN connection was disappering in the Library Manager
   main window and the library went off-line!
   So they decided to connect directly to one 10 Mbit lan of the AIX
   and it's still working. Fine! I then set up SNMP alarms from
   the Library to my SNMP acceptor ... no problem to define the new
   default gateway (the AIX) in the OS/2 using the well known Unix
   'route' command but ... what if I have to reboot the library?
   How can I make it permanent? Where's the equivalent '/etc/rc*',
   '/etc/*rc', '/etc/init.d/*' or '/sbin/init.d/*' for OS/2, where I can
   request the command to be executed at boot (IPL) time?

2) The Library Manager has mirrored disks ... but does anybody of you
   back it up with ADSM too? Is it worth even thinking doing it?

Thank you

Mauro, STM