ADSM-L

Re: Throughput of RS/6000 SSA - 3590E Systems

1999-08-31 08:14:16
Subject: Re: Throughput of RS/6000 SSA - 3590E Systems
From: Roger Hohmann <Roger_Hohmann AT WESTLB DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:14:16 +0200
We have a maximum throughput of 10-11 MB/s between 2 RS6K-S7A with
3590(non-E) drives copying storate pools from server to server on a
dedicated 100tx full-duplex Ethernet line without routers and hubs
between. For this we use 2-3 Sessions. As you can see, our thruput
here is limited by network.

In general, performance depends on various things:

Network
Client performance
filesize (small files -> much database access)
Server performance
  - cpu
  - database
  - diskpool
  - tape

For best performance, one has to balance all this.

Regards

Roger Hohmann