ADSM-L

Re: Exporting client nodes with limited resources

1999-08-30 22:11:30
Subject: Re: Exporting client nodes with limited resources
From: ADSM LIST <adsml AT MAILANDNEWS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:11:30 -0500
Your details are a bit hazy, I hope this'll fix you up...

You can get away with using the "original" data tapes by doing..

1) Steps to take on the original site...

   run a FULL backupDB (BACKUPFULL in volhist)
   collect the "original" data tapes
   collect volhist and devcnfg and options files
   (i.e. Volume History and Device Config files)

2) Steps to take on the remote site....

   put volhist and devcnfg and options on the remote system
   put "original" tapes into the library/drive as needed
   modify devcnfg "inventory"(if needed) and "define" lines to
         reflect the configuration/inventory on the remote site.
   run restore db (pit restore - select date of you last backup)

And you should be set for the most part.  You can get similar results
with Export/Import server, DUMP/LOAD/AUDIT DB, DRM PREPARE(if you got it),
etc.

...THE END...

Now the solution to the tape-tape copy w/one drive is the following...
Setup migration from Tape(Old Tape)->Disk then from Disk->Tape(New Tape)

ADSML