ADSM-L

Re: Security question

1999-08-30 16:07:35
Subject: Re: Security question
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 16:07:35 -0400
When you register the node you can add 'forcepw=y' to the reg command,
or check box it on a gui/web panel.  This will make the initial password
pre-expired.  If you use 'passwordaccess=generate' on the client,
the initial password will be requested once, then a new one will be generated
and stored on the client in the registry.  No one will know this new password!

This effectivly ties a node to a machine.

Do the set command 'SET INVALIDPWLIMIT' to limit attempts by others to crack
the password.  Monitor the ip address in the ANR0406I messages to track cracking
attempts.

--