ADSM-L

Re: ADSMconnect agent for Exchange throughput

1999-08-30 16:37:57
Subject: Re: ADSMconnect agent for Exchange throughput
From: Rodrigo Cordovil Gazzaneo <rgazzaneo AT INFOLINK.COM DOT BR>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:37:57 EST
Try some performance tuning before abandoning the Agent.

I doubled my ADSM solution capacity by tunning my server. I increased TPC
buffers and parameters (tcp_sendspace, tcp_recvspace, somaxconn, sb_max)
and also read some kernel tips from the ADSM Performance guide over vmtune.

On the client side, I increased TCPBUFFSIZE and TCPWINDOWSIZE. The Connect
Agent Redbook gives a little help, but nothing like learning from trying
(if well documented, of course).

Helped a lot in my implementation, I am doing my benchmarks this week.

And, about your backup window, the Agent does the backup online, an since
mail is by definition an assynchronous activity, ...

Is your network dedicated to the backup activity ? I've experienced IBM's
fast ethernet interface having problems with auto-negotiation, so force the
right media (100_half / 100_full_duplex), etc.

good luck,
Rodrigo