ADSM-L

[no subject]

1999-08-30 10:48:54
From: Rodrigo Cordovil Gazzaneo <rgazzaneo AT INFOLINK.COM DOT BR>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:48:54 -0400
Hi ADSM / TSM gurus ,

I need to implement a solution for a ADSM client crash (an
Exchange Server). The problem is that the failover machine is
located at another site, covered by another ADSM Server, and
there isn't enough network band to run server to server
communication, so I will need to Import / Export node.

For export, I began running the preview and obviously a big
mass of data was indicated for migration. The FILEDATA options
reduced the size for only the necessary to recover the node,
but I had yet another issue ...

The first server (that contains the node data) has only one
3590-B11 drive installed, so I can't make tape to tape copy.
Here is my question :

Can I use the data tapes themselves for export ? I would be
generating a tape containing the definitions for this client
node and moving it together with the data tapes (I'll keep
track of them with q volume and q content).

If not, what other options do I have ?

I have 2 stupid ideas :

move client's latest data from tape to disk (don't know
if I have space for it ...) and export it.

during the weekend (probably the WHOLE weekend !) implement
a server to server copy, what would be like passing a camel
through a needle's hole ... might not work with data growth.

Last option : buy another tape drive ...

Can anyone help me ? Or am I in big trouble ?

best regards,
Rodrigo