ADSM-L

Re: Space reqs on LOADDB

1999-08-30 05:43:18
Subject: Re: Space reqs on LOADDB
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 11:43:18 +0200
Dear ADSM LIST (whoever you are),

David Bohm's posting indeed describes, what's going on here: LOADDB does
not use the efficient, but the generic b-tree page split algorithm, which
results in a page utilization close to 50%. I was hoping for an option
which changes this behaviour.

So, if you have an inconsistency in a 25 GB database which cannot be
resolved by restoring it, you not only have to be prepared for several
weeks of outage, but also for having 15-20 GB of spare disk space...

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet