ADSM-L

sys3175 on os/2 after install of ip21553

1999-08-27 15:15:03
Subject: sys3175 on os/2 after install of ip21553
From: Noha Safy El-Din <nsafy AT IDSC.GOV DOT EG>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 22:15:03 +0300
Dear all,

I met this problem after installing ptf ip21553 on adsm v 2.1:

On issuing the command:
define devclass file_c devt=file maxcap=4m
I get abend sys3175 showing a problem with dsmserv.dll

when i issue this same command without the maxcap operand, it works ok.
Also, if i leave out this operand to default(i do not code it at all), it
works ok. Moreover, when i update the device class to any value of maxcap,
this is accepted.

I tried to get back the dsmserv.dll that was present before the ptf. Using
this version of dsmserv.dll, i do not encounterany problems with defining
the device class. i need this ptf for y2k compatibility.
Does anybody have an idea of how to overcome this problem,

thanks a lot

Noha