ADSM-L

Antwort: define clientopt (documentation)

1999-08-27 04:27:20
Subject: Antwort: define clientopt (documentation)
From: "Mecki M." <rmeschon AT OTELO.IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:27:20 +0200
Hi Paul,

since May I've not found an accurate description but the options described
in the help
will work.

The problem with client option sets might be the following:

a client option set is loaded after the next scheduled operation
(so, if your first operation after defining the client otion set is a
backup your server-based exclude list will not be performed - it will be
performed with the next scheduled backup)

if the client is rebooted or the scheduler is stopped and restarted the
information about having
a client option set at the server is lost till the next scheduled
operation.

I've run into this problem with defining the QUERYSCHED option, so I'm not
quite sure whether
an exclude will work during the first backup.

I'd work with a (at the clients) nfs-mounted directory which resides at the
server and contains
the exclude list, there might be a specific or a general one.

Regards
     Mecki