ADSM-L

Re: DB backup doesn't decrease recovery log utilization

1999-08-26 12:59:32
Subject: Re: DB backup doesn't decrease recovery log utilization
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 11:59:32 -0500
I've seen this before but on OS/390 not on Aix.
It happens when there is a hung client session. According to IBM this hung
session can in turn
causes a thread to hang in the recovery log which prevents it from
resetting.

(the session cannot be cancelled)

This is why when ADSM is restarted , the thread is released and the recovery
log can reset.

Are you seeing hung sessions?

Nathan