ADSM-L

Re: DSMADMC Output Format

1999-08-25 17:31:57
Subject: Re: DSMADMC Output Format
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 14:31:57 -0700
Hi Patrick,

If you are running the version 3.1.0.6 or higher Admin client,
you can use the -displaymode option to force the output to the
desired format. -displaymode can either be "list" or "table".
I believe that "list" is what you are looking for.

This option must be specified at the time you invoke dsmadmc.

Examples:

F:\adsm\baclient>dsmadmc -id=amr -pa=xxxxxxx -displaymode=table q n
ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 3, Release 1, Level 0.7
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1999, All Rights Reserved.

Session established with server AMR: Windows NT
  Server Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.20
  Server date/time: 08/25/1999 14:27:30  Last access: 08/25/1999 13:23:16

ANS8000I Server command: 'q n'

Node Name                 Platform Policy Domain  Days Since Days Since Locked?
                                   Name                 Last   Password
                                                      Access        Set
------------------------- -------- -------------- ---------- ---------- -------
CLIENT                    (?)      STANDARD               51         51   No
CLIENT                    (?)      STANDARD               51         51   No
DEBUG                     WinNT    STANDARD               <1          6   No
PROFILE                   WinNT    STANDARD               48         49   No

ANS8002I Highest return code was 0.

F:\adsm\baclient>dsmadmc -id=amr -pa=xxxxxxx -displaymode=list  q n
ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 3, Release 1, Level 0.7
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1999, All Rights Reserved.

Session established with server AMR: Windows NT
  Server Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.20
  Server date/time: 08/25/1999 14:27:35  Last access: 08/25/1999 14:27:30

ANS8000I Server command: 'q n'

              Node Name: CLIENT
               Platform: (?)
     Policy Domain Name: STANDARD
 Days Since Last Access: 51
Days Since Password Set: 51
                Locked?: No

              Node Name: DEBUG
               Platform: WinNT
     Policy Domain Name: STANDARD
 Days Since Last Access: <1
Days Since Password Set: 6
                Locked?: No

              Node Name: PROFILE
               Platform: WinNT
     Policy Domain Name: STANDARD
 Days Since Last Access: 48
Days Since Password Set: 49
                Locked?: No

ANS8002I Highest return code was 0.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Hello all,

I am working on a script (the current one is in perl, but I get the same
results in a ksh script) that processes information from DSMADMC in batch
mode, but am having a problem getting the output to come out the way I want
it. For example, if I run the following command in interactive mode, I get
the output formatted as shown:

adsm> query node abc* format=detailed

                     Node Name: ABCDWS03A
                      Platform: (?)
            Policy Domain Name: ABC_DOMAIN
         Last Access Date/Time: 01/13/1997 17:11:04
        Days Since Last Access: 10
        Password Set Date/Time: 01/13/1997 17:11:04
       Days Since Password Set: 123
                       Locked?: No
                and so on.....

But when I run the same command in batch mode within the perl script or just
redirect it to a file, I get the long column type output which is difficult
to process in a script due to the line continuations:

Node Name      Platform     Policy           Last    and so on....
                            Domain          Access
                            Name          Date/Time
------------   --------     ---------     ----------
ABCDWS03A      (?)          ABC_DOMA-     01/13/1997 and so on....
ABCDWS03A      (?)          ABC_DOMA-     01/13/1997 and so on....
                             IN            17:11:04

I realize that it automatically formats the output based on how much room it
has, but I was wondering if there is an option to configure the output
format or fool it into thinking that it has a small output window. Or is
there a better way to get this information?

I originally tried this on a Sun Solaris 7 client, but have had the same
results on an NT 4.0 client. The server version is 2, Release 1, Level 5.19.

Any help would be appreciated,

Patrick Varney, MCSE
Pacific Gas & Electric Company
Fairfield, CA, USA