ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and 3570 tango

1999-08-24 10:10:09
Subject: Re: ADSM and 3570 tango
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT RZ.UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:10:09 +0200
At 10:00 24.08.99 +0100, Gabriel Vieira wrote:
>Hi,
>I had my ADSM server upgraded to version 3.1. Now every time i check in a
>tape in to my 3570B01 drive, the robot picks the tape from the priority
>cell, drops it, then scans all cells in both magazines, picks and mounts the
>tape for reading the label and finally parks the tape in a free slot. With
>ADSM v2 this operation could be done with the barcode reader and would take
>about 1/3 of the time it takes now.

Yes, that's rather annyoing. The checklabel=barcode option can only
be used with the search=yes option. But this only makes sense if you
insert a dozen tapes into the library slots at the same time.

Regards,

Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT uos DOT de
Universitaet Osnabrueck       Phone: +49/541/969-2347 (work)
Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470 (work)
Albrechtstr. 28
D-49069 Osnabrueck
Germany