ADSM-L

I: Exchange Agent Troubles

1999-08-23 11:40:14
Subject: I: Exchange Agent Troubles
From: Rick Smith <richard.smith.hs45 AT STATEFARM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:40:14 -0500
ADSMer's,

I'm running the Exchange Agent (version 1.1.0.0B) on an NT 4.0 SP3 machinge
running Exchange 5.5 SP2.  I was running backups on several machines this
weekend, and I got a communications error on the servers with larger Information
Stores.  On the Bridgehead servers everything worked fine, but on the mailbox
servers ADSM backed up the directory fine, errored out on the Information Store
saying that there was a communications error, but then proceeded to proccess the
autodelete command which worked fine.  The command file used to run the backups
are identical on all of the servers Below are the commands used to run the
backups, and the error produced. Any ideas would be helpful.

Backup Commands:
Note: All environment variables are set earlier in the command file.

%exc_dir%\excdsmc /backup:dir,full /logfile:%exc_dir%\excdsm.log /buffers:8,640
/quiet >> %exc_dir%\excsched.log

%exc_dir%\excdsmc /backup:is,full /logfile:%exc_dir%\excdsm.log  /buffers:8,640
/quiet >> %exc_dir%\excsched.log

%exc_dir%\excdsmc /adsmautodel:* /ifolder:5 /logfile:%exc_dir%\excdsm.log >>
%exc_dir%\excsched.log

Here is the out put that I get:

08/22/1999 01:31:33
Executing Operating System command or script:
   d:\apps\adsm\agentexc\excbkup.cmd
Sun 08/22/1999
 1:31a

ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server
Command Line Interface - Version 1, Release 1, Level 0.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1998. All rights reserved.

***FIXTEST - Version 1.1.0.0B

ADSM API Version 3, Release 1, Level 3
ADSM Nodename: EXC_EXCHCS02

License file exists and contains valid license data.

Starting a backup to the ADSM server...

   Exchange Server : EXCHCS02
          Database : Directory
       Backup Type : Full

Logging on to the ADSM server...

Backup completed.  298,860,982 bytes sent in 222.61 seconds(1342.55 Kb/sec)

ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server
Command Line Interface - Version 1, Release 1, Level 0.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1998. All rights reserved.

***FIXTEST - Version 1.1.0.0B

ADSM API Version 3, Release 1, Level 3
ADSM Nodename: EXC_EXCHCS02

License file exists and contains valid license data.

Starting a backup to the ADSM server...

   Exchange Server : EXCHCS02
          Database : Information Store
       Backup Type : Full

Logging on to the ADSM server...

Backup error encountered.
Exchange Error: A communications error occurred while attempting to perform a
local backup.

ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server
Command Line Interface - Version 1, Release 1, Level 0.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1998. All rights reserved.

***FIXTEST - Version 1.1.0.0B

ADSM API Version 3, Release 1, Level 3
ADSM Nodename: EXC_EXCHCS02

License file exists and contains valid license data.

Logging on to the ADSM server...

Attempting to delete backup object(s) from ADSM...
   Database Name   : *
   Retention Days  : 5