ADSM-L

Re: Win95 bare metal restore

2015-10-04 17:40:32
Subject: Re: Win95 bare metal restore
From: Moir,Betsy
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I haven't done this myself, but the gentleman who wrote me the note
below is
a very competent workstation support person, and, as he says, he's done
this
many times.  I'm probably going to get a lot arguments with this simple
process, but I trust the guy.  Good luck.

"I have often done this with Windows 95  and it has never failed.  I
would
start with a fresh hard drive and install the exact same version of
Windows
95 that will be restored.  I then install ADSM and perform a complete
restore
while running 95.  After rebooting, you will get an error stating that
the
registry is corrupt and will be prompted to overwrite the bad registry
with a
backup copy.  Rebooting once again brings up a completely stable and
functional restoration. "

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 08/20/99 02:37:00 PM
Please respond to ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU @ INTERNET