ADSM-L

Re: FW: Retrieving Archived Files

1999-08-19 14:36:07
Subject: Re: FW: Retrieving Archived Files
From: "Kuan, Amy M" <kuanam AT TEXACO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:36:07 -0500
Thanks for responding Leo.  What I am referring to in this case is a single
node, a Unix server running mostly Oracle.  My group takes care of archiving
Oracle datafiles.  The Unix group is responsible for backing up everything
else on the server.  Since both groups logon to ADSM from the same node
using the same ID, we can see each other's files and restore/retrieve files
that are owned by the other group.

After doing more testing, this problem seems to be limited to the web
interface.  When you launch the GUI from the client node, you see only the
files you own.  Looks like the answer is, don't use the web interface.

Thanks.....Amy