ADSM-L

Using archsymlinkfile=no in AIX client version 3.1.0.7

1999-08-19 12:23:33
Subject: Using archsymlinkfile=no in AIX client version 3.1.0.7
From: Matthias Feyerabend <M.Feyerabend AT CLRI6A.GSI DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 17:23:33 +0100
Hello,

During archiving and retrieving I don't want to store links as files but as
links as they are originally.
Since Version 3.1.0.7. this is possible with option ARCHSYML=no.

One thing is disturbing with it:

After retrieving links their
file creation date is not the original one but the actual date of the retrieve
action.

This behaviour is even described in IX89551:

SYMLINKS ARE RESTORED WITH DATE OF TODAY,

but unique and I cant see any reason for it ??

M.Feyerabend

Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
GSI, Darmstadt                 internet: M.Feyerabend AT gsi DOT de