ADSM-L

Help on IBM 3494 Library

2015-10-04 17:40:32
Subject: Help on IBM 3494 Library
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
    ADSM'ers,

    I4ve been having some problems trying to define a library IBM 3494
under Windows NT with ADSM 3.1.2.30.
    This library is connected through LAN.
    I4ve already modified the file ibmatl.conf, and its last line is
"     3494LM      library_ip     host_alias     "
    The library service "IBM Library Autochanger" (???) is running.

    My main problem is :
        When I try to define the 3494 library with the command "DEF
LIBRARY  TYPE=349X DEVICE=3494LM", I receive a system error. It4s the
same error whether is the service runnig or not.

    I4ve tried the same thing with ADSM 3.1.2.0 and the system  crashed.
Probably it4s an external error, once ADSM passes all its library
requests to the service "IBM Library Autochanger" (I4ve noticed this
because the service log grows up each time i try to acces the library
through ADSM)

    Has anyone succefully configured this kind of library ? Any kind of
help would be very appreciated !

    Thanks

    Alexandre Bicas Caldeira
    SERVICE IT Solutions - http://www.service.com.br
    Rua Helena, 280 cj. 1106 - Sco Paulo - SP
    Fone/Fax: 011-30401960