ADSM-L

WINNT Directory Inactive?

1999-08-17 15:08:16
Subject: WINNT Directory Inactive?
From: Adam Slesinger <aslesinger AT US.BNSMC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 15:08:16 -0400
Hello there,

An administrator wanted to see if some scripts were present on one of
his NT file and print servers two weeks ago.  Since this server is an
ADSM client, I startd the GUI and specified a point in time restore to
8/3.  The scripts were supposedly in
C:\WINNT\system32\rplc\export\scripts, but when I searched, the WINNT
directory did not show up in the GUI!  I changed it to show both active
and inactive files and dirs, and then it appeared as inactive! I had the
same results when specifying point in time restores  for every day from
then until now except for today where the WINNT directory shows up as
being active.  The management class that is backing up all the files on
this server has VEREXISTS nolimit, VERDELETED nolimit, RETEXTRA 30,
RETONLY 30.  Can somebody explain why just only the WINNT directory
shows up as inactive for every day except today? The client code is
3.1.0.3 and the server is AIX 3.1.2.40.  Thanks!

adam
Adam Slesinger
Corporate Information Systems
Brown & Sharpe, RI