ADSM-L

Re: using bar code as label

1999-08-14 14:27:24
Subject: Re: using bar code as label
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 14:27:24 -0400
On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Kelly J. Lipp wrote:
> I don't think you can.  The syntax is label libvol volname or label libvol
> search=yes labelsource=barcode.

If you enter "label libvol libname search=yes labels=barcode checkin=scr",
ADSM will only label those tapes that are not already checked in.
However, the "better" way is with "label libvol libname search=bulk
labels=barcode checkin=scr", which will prompt you to "fill the bulk I/O
ports" with tapes.  Bulk on a 3575, by default, are the two top slots, and
on a 3570-Cxx, the right most cart. cell.

> what is the command format to label a single 3570 C cartridge..using bar
> code
> label?
>
> I want to to use the bar code as the label and use the LABEL LIBV command
> and
> be prompted to insert the cartridge upon invoking the command?
>
> i have adsm v3.1 on aix 4.3

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,