ADSM-L

Re: exclude parms on HP-UX

1999-08-13 12:25:01
Subject: Re: exclude parms on HP-UX
From: S W Branch <SWBRANC AT PPCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 11:25:01 -0500
Do you really have filespaces named something like /cabs1/data, /cabs2/data...
etc or are they more like /cabs1, /cabs2... etc. It looks like you might have
started with a basic exclude for files and when it didn't work you tried
exclude.dir and then exclude.fs but didn't change your pattern to match.

Another possibility is that the ?  and * wildcards may not valid in directory
names. The manual says to use them in the filename only and not the directory
name. However, you might try something like this: exclude.fs
/cabs[a-z]/data/.../*. There is an example showing it being used this way with
directory names. I don't know, but you might even be able to do something like:
exclude.fs /cabs[a-z,A-Z,1-9]

You might take a look at the discussion of exclude processing at this url:
http://www.storage.ibm.com/software/adsm/pubs/v3pubs/aix/html/adsmunix/cp5ec5.htm

Steve Branch
Phillips Petroleum
e-mail: swbranc AT ppco DOT com

"CANNAM, CYNTHIA L (SWBT)" <CC5657 AT MOMAIL.SBC DOT COM> on 08/13/99 10:27:24
AM

Any replies will be addressed to: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>