ADSM-L

Re: exclude parms on HP-UX

1999-08-13 11:36:41
Subject: Re: exclude parms on HP-UX
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 11:36:41 -0400
>A client's machine running HP-UX B.10.2 and ADSM client V3.1.0.3 is
>absolutely ignoring the following EXCLUDE statements during each backup:
>
>exclude.fs /cabs?/data/.../*
>exclude.fs /cabs?/tmp/.../*
>exclude.fs /ems?/data/.../*
>exclude.fs /ems?/tmp/.../*

One thing we need to know is if the Exclude statements are in a file
whose name is specified on the Inclexcl line in the client system
options file, and that the Inclexcl is coded in a server stanza.
Also, you seem to be over-coding the specification: I don't think you
want "/.../*", as that is the old coding we used when we only had
Exclude to code.  That is, the operand needs to resolve to a file
system name, not the stuff in the file system.
   Richard Sims, BU