ADSM-L

Re: 3494 configuration for new ADSM AIX Server

1999-08-13 10:59:42
Subject: Re: 3494 configuration for new ADSM AIX Server
From: James SPORER <james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 08:59:42 -0600
     I used the exit routine, CBRUXENT on the OS/390 machine, to validate
     the volume serial numbers of tapes entered into the ATL.  The serial
     numbers on my OS390 tapes start with "A" and the serial numbers on my
     AIX tapes start with "B".  Tapes that start with "B", I set the ignore
     return code which leaves them in the insert category in the ATL.  When
     I do a checkin from the AIX side it takes all tapes in the insert
     category and checks them into the AIX side.  There is a sample exit in
     SYS1.SAMPLIB(CBRSPUXE).
     Jim