ADSM-L

Re: move data command on primary tape pool

1999-08-13 09:37:04
Subject: Re: move data command on primary tape pool
From: Phipps Tony <Tony_Phipps AT LONDONELEC.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:37:04 +0100
Thanks for the tips. Tests have shown that the copypool does indeed remain
unaffected by the
move data on the primary pool.

I presume the only way to free up space/tapes in the copypool and to reduce
the number of
physical copies of old data is to delete copypool volumes (discarding data)
that have
not been written to for over month (after moving the primary copies).
Balancing the requirements of having two copies of data in the short term
(for DR purposes)
and one copy long term (for legal requirements) must be a common problem and
perhaps
a method of retaining copypool data whilst deleting on site copies should be
one for the
wishlist.

cheers
Tony