ADSM-L

Re: script syntax with redirected output by select statement

1999-08-12 09:53:37
Subject: Re: script syntax with redirected output by select statement
From: "Mapes, Mark" <MWM4 AT PGE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 06:53:37 -0700
Hi Horst,

first, I would like to say that redirecting output is not always as straight
forward as, I think, it should be.  One of the reasons is that the
redirection symbol ">" is also a valid SQL symbol for "greater than".  If
you want to use the ">" as a greater than, then you don't leave a space
before it.

But that is not your problem.  It seems that in this particular case, you do
not have a continuation character on the next to last line.

Mark