ADSM-L

Re: ADSM database Backup to a FILE device class

1999-08-11 06:08:11
Subject: Re: ADSM database Backup to a FILE device class
From: Leo Humar <lhumar AT BIGPOND.NET DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 20:08:11 +1000
We also backup the database to a FILE device class.
The reason we did this is to do an incremental ADSM database backup on the
weekend.
There are no tape movements on the weekend and there are fewer scratch tapes
required. This gives us a change to recover the ADSM database if we need to.
You could backup these file with ADSM or copy these files to a network
drive.

What are you trying to achieve with this procedure ?

Leo Humar
LCS Pty Ltd
lhumar AT bigpond.net DOT au

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large