ADSM-L

Re: Detailed Log

1999-08-10 19:12:36
Subject: Re: Detailed Log
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 19:12:36 -0400
On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Prather, Wanda wrote:
> Well, I've done it on both AIX and Windows hosts.
>
> You create a bat file with a dsmc command and direct the output of the
> command to a file.
> For example:
>
> cd c:\adsm\baclient
> dsmc incremental > c:\temp\adsmlog

On Solaris, I use:

/bin/dsmc i | /usr/local/bin/adsm.dump.timestamper /var/log/dump.log

where adsm.dump.timestamper:

#!/bin/sh
read LINEIN
READRC=$?
if [ $READRC -ne 0 ] ; then exit 1 ; fi
while [ $READRC -eq 0 ] ; do
#       TSTAMP=`/usr/bin/date +%m/%d/%y.%H:%M:%S`
        TSTAMP=`/usr/bin/date +%D%t%T`
        echo $TSTAMP "$LINEIN" >> $1
        read LINEIN
        READRC=$?
done

Without adsm.dump.timestamper, one does not get timestamps on the
messages.

> > Does anyone know if there's a way to get a detailed report of
> > non-scheduled
> > backups/restores like the one generated by the schedule

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,