ADSM-L

HP client out of memory

1999-08-06 09:48:31
Subject: HP client out of memory
From: "CANNAM, CYNTHIA L (SWBT)" <CC5657 AT MOMAIL.SBC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 08:48:31 -0500
To all:

I have an extremely busy HP client running ADSM client level 3.1.0.3 that is
consistently failing during its backup to an ADSM OS/390 server running
server level 3.1.2.20. The schedule starts, runs for several hours, and then
hits one specific directory where it fails with the following message:

08/06/1999 07:27:23 ANS1030E System ran out of memory. Process ended.

The machine itself is running with plenty of memory, and although it's
running with a 10BaseT Ethernet connection (not the best, I know), it should
not be spitting these types of messages out.

We also see the following message in the DSMERROR.LOG which may or may not
be associated with the out of memory situation:

PrivIncrFileSpace: Received rc=102 from fioGetDirEntries

Has anyone had any experience with the scenarios?

Thanks much!

Cindy Cannam

*       Cynthia L. (Cindy) Cannam, MBA
*       Southwestern Bell Telephone
*       Systems Manager/Technical Support
*       Open Systems Storage - ADSM
*       (314)340-0722 work
*       (314)879-1696 pager
*       (314)340-0992 fax