ADSM-L

Re: Oracle Connect Agent and RMAN on NT

1999-08-06 06:11:55
Subject: Re: Oracle Connect Agent and RMAN on NT
From: Etienne Brachel <hc_dmsr AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 03:11:55 PDT
Hi Sean,

I recently had the same problem. I worked with Oracle 8.0.4.3.7 and also the
ConnectAgent 2.1.7 -> This is what solved my problem :

Make sure that the user_dump_dest parameter (in the init<sid>.ora file) is
pointing to the default location --> %RDBMS80%\trace

Make sure that the db_domain is set in the init<sid>.ora --> like
db_domain=world (must be the same as the default.domain in your listener
file)

Then what I think is most important :

The oracle connect agent installs on old ADSMV3.DLL in the AgentOBA
directory --> Make sure that this file is the same as in c:\winnt\system32
(so the latest version or the version of your Backup/Archive client). That
also counts for the orasbt.dll in the AgentOBA directory. So dll's in the
\winnt\system32 and the AgentOBA directory must be the same.

Also make sure that with the ADSMV3.DLL in the AgentOBA directory the
DSCAMENG.TXT (from your ibm/adsm/api directory) is copied to the AgentOBA
directory.

After issuing the changes reboot yr machine.. and it should work..

I hope this helps for you too..

Regards,

Etienne Brachel
Touch The Progress Services b.v.