ADSM-L

Re: Server upgrade advice

1999-08-06 03:00:27
Subject: Re: Server upgrade advice
From: "Mauro M.TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 09:00:27 +0200
Brian,

        nope, you shouldn't do that! Also because one of bugs of the 3.1.20 is
on import/export of nodes and data ... it works just fine but when you do
a restore 90% of the files cannot be restored!

        When I moved my server I restored the database on the new server having
installed previously the same version of ADSM, and then I redefined the
drives of the library it went really smoothly ... just remember to
migrates all the data on disk/file-class stgpools, which stay on the old
server!

        You asked for an advice ... the complete procedure is longer but isn't a
too big feat!

Ciao Mauro